Dorchester Osteopaths will be open again from Monday 15th June and we are really looking forward to caring for you once more.
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, and to ensure full compliance with the Government’s COVID-19 best-practice guidelines, we are having to make some significant changes to working practices.
New hygiene protocols
- Our patient screening, practice hygiene and staff PPE are all in line with current government and health guidelines.
- Our Osteopaths will be wearing FFP2 masks, gloves and aprons during the consultation.
- The treatment room, couch, pillow cases, door handles and reception area will be cleaned after every patient.
- Hand sanitiser is available as you enter the waiting room.
Reducing the risk of patient contact
- To reduce patient numbers attending at any one time, we are staggering appointments.
- This is to: reduce the chance of patients meeting in the waiting room; give us time to fully clean the treatment couch, desk, chairs, surfaces, handles, etc.
- Every patient and their chaperone (see below) will be sent a COVID-19 screening form 24-hours before every treatment. If you, any member of your household, or anyone that you have been in contact with develops symptoms of COVID-19, your appointment will be cancelled and you should self-isolate for 14 days.
- If you have an appointment and subsequently you, or a household member, develop any COVID-19 symptoms, please telephone the practice to cancel – there will be no cancellation charge.
What we are asking our patients to do for us
Please DO NOT come to the practice if:
- You have had any symptoms of COVID-19 – a high temperature, a persistent cough, or loss of sense of smell or taste – in the last seven days.
- You have someone in your household who has, or has had, symptoms of COVID-19.
- You, or anyone in your household, has been in contact with someone with suspected/confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
You will initially be offered video/telephone consultation if:
- You, or anyone in your household, is considered extremely clinically vulnerable.
- You are over 70 and are considered vulnerable.
- Have an immune deficiency.
- Are currently having chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- Are a transplant recipient.
- Have any illness or condition that may make you susceptible to COVID-19.
We will then make a clinical judgement as to whether it is appropriate for you to attend the clinic for treatment.
Attending your appointment
- Please do not arrive too early for your appointment. Please do not enter the practice until five minutes before your treatment time.
- If you have been brought by a family member or friend, we respectfully request that they stay in their vehicle or outside the practice.
- Unfortunately, we do not have the facilities to look after children while a parent or sibling is having a treatment.
- If the patient is a child, or is someone who needs a chaperone, only one parent, guardian or chaperone must attend. Children must always be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on the reception desk on arrival and on leaving the practice.
- All patients and chaperones must wear a mask when attending for treatment. If you do not have one, we can provide a disposable surgical mask (£1.00).
- Please pay for your appointment by card or BACS wherever possible.
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 within two days of attending the practice, please follow Government guidelines and contact the practice as soon as possible so we can meet our legal and professional obligations.
We hope you will understand that these protocols are for your safety, and the safety of others through this time. Despite all our efforts to clean the waiting and treatment rooms, and shield patients, there is still a small risk of contracting COVID-19 if you attend this practice. If you are a vulnerable patient, or prefer not to attend the practice, we can, of course, provide an online or telephone consultation.
Please be aware that the guidelines we are working to are constantly being updated.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email.